Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fall is in the air

May not be for everyone but here on Long Island it has been cold these past few days. My favorite time of the year is Fall. The cooler weather, the leaves change and my favorite part is time for comfort food. I love soups in the fall. I wanted to share one of my favorite ones. It is so easy to make and so good.

Southwestern Chicken Soup

1 12 ounce jar salsa verde
3 cups cooked chicken pieces (1 small deli-counter rotisserie chicken)
1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
tortilla chip (optional)

Empty the salsa into a large saucepan. Cook 2 minutes over medium-high heat, then add the chicken, beans, broth, and cumin (if desired). Bring to a boil, lower heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Top each bowl with a sprinkling of onions, a dollop of sour cream, and some torilla chips. For a soupier dish, use 4 cups of broth.

Now I know it's not quite fall yet, but thought I would share one of my favorite soups. Enjoy.

1 comment:

{Erica} said...

mmm sounds good...and LOVE the new look...did you use Kristin?