Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blessings

I was sitting outside this afternoon holding Ellie on my lap and watching Braden and Abby ride their bikes in the driveway and I was thinking how blessed I am. I have three beautiful kids who I love dearly. They make me laugh, they make me cry, they even make me mad sometimes. I have a wonderful husband who cares about me and our children. I love him so much.

Some days I feel so alone living here in New York. I don't like being so far away from family, it's hard being in a very small ward, it's hard being nursery leader with a new baby. I find myself complaining about these things often. But really I should be counting my blessings and realize how blessed I really am.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said! I find myself complaing a lot more than I should. Thanks for reminding me of what I should be doing :)!

Cute slide show of your parents visit!

--Jen Roper

Emily said...

I feel the same way alot. Sometimes I feel like I should call you but always think it's too late or don't want to call if it's nap time or something. I'll try to be better and just call and then I'll find out if it's a bad time or you can just ignore the call and call me back later. ok sorry if that doesn;t make sense.

730am said...

You are a wonderful blessing in my life - you are a sweet wife and a wonderful, dedicated mom!

s.s parker said...

I'm in the same boat. I live in Florida away from my family and in a ward that my husband has been in since he was little and his parents are in it too! let's just say it's "interesting" but yet i look around me to find that i have nothing to complain about and should be nothing but greatful. It seems this day in age, we need "things" to make us happy when really it's the people around us that matter!