Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturday Projects

Saturday was project day. We bought a new BBQ grill which we are SO excited about. The downfall was that Gavin had to put it together. He did a great job though.

We have a large wall in our living room and I couldn't decide what to do with it. I really wanted to hang our big mirror on it but I wanted some color on the wall. So my mom gave me this great idea to paint a border around the mirror. I think it turned out great. Now for some curtains and a few other things this room should look great in no time.

Love Saturday projects.



3 comments:

730am said...

I love your mirror! Your mom's idea is cool! I am proud that Gavin had the patience to put that grill together. There is nothing better than grilling - does Gavin do that, also?

Pg. said...

Question is does the grill work? (Totally kidding!) Yay for yummy grilled food. Now on to the mirror. I am so jealous, that is totally cute. You have inspired me, I just don't think I have the guts to put color on my wall. (I just know I would be required to paint over it when we move someday. That is a lame excuse huh...) So how did you make sure all of your lines were straight. I am guessing you probably used a level when you hung the mirror and then measured from there? Hmmm, I wonder if I could get my lines straight. I am guessing they would be crooked and then it wouldn't look near as good. Yep, totally jealous of your mom's cool idea and your talent in implementing said "cool idea."

JaMie HeApS said...

i like the mirror.. fancy