Thursday, September 6, 2007

Braden's Big Day








Braden's first day of Kindergarten was yesterday. He got up early and was so excited. We packed his sack lunch and his afternoon snack and got all of his school supplies ready and in his backpack. We decided to drive him the first day. We got in the car and off we went. As we pulled up to the school I could see the excitement in his eyes. He was just ready to get out of the car and go. We walked in the school and were greeted by some really nice people. We walked down the hall to find room 2. His teacher Ms. Hughes was there to greet him. She is SO nice. We went in hung up his backpack and he went to find his name on his desk. He was all ready for his first big day of school. As I was walking down the hall to leave the school a sense of peace came over me. I knew he was going to be okay. He has been ready for this day for a while.


This morning he rode on the bus. He was so excited again for another day of school. I took him to the bus stop and off he went. Now I am sitting here at home thinking I sure hope he is okay. I hope he found his class okay and I hope he gets on the right bus after school. Yesterday was a little bit easier because I dropped him off and picked him up and I knew he would make it home just fine. So now I will continue to sit here until 3:32 and wonder if Braden will be okay today, if he will make it home okay.

3 comments:

{Erica} said...

isn't it crazy that we all have kids that are old enough to go to preschool/kindergarten? i still act and feel like i'm 19!!!

Lyric Payne said...

So, did he make it home? He looks so grown up, but yet still so innocent. That's just how we want them to stay isn't it? How did Abby do while he was gone? I'm sure she was bored, but probably loved having mommy all to herself.

Elizabeth said...

Wow...what a big step -- for you and for Braden. I am dreading having to say goodbye those first few times, but it will be exciting at the same time. It's probably such a weird feeling to see your baby starting to grow up.